Sunday, August 8, 2010

Movie Review: SALT

I had the chance to see Salt today starring Angelina Jolie.  I thought the movie was very entertaining.  Sort of a cross between No Way Out (1987) and the Jason Bourne movies.  Better than No Way Out but not as good as the Bourne movies.  Some of the stunt work seemed a bit contrived.  Not that the stunts themselves weren't believable (in the action movie sense), but were a bit to clean, if that makes sense.  I saw some reviews that the ending was a surprise and that audiences weren't sure what to think.  Without giving anything away, I'll just say that I trust Salt's character will do what she said.

I can't say that I am a big Angelina Jolie fan.  Something about those lips and the whole Billy Bob Thornton thing.  Certainly, her work for the UN is to be commended and she seems genuinely interested in her philanthropic activities.  However, I have to admit that I have enjoyed several of her action movies.  I'm quite happy to see a kick-ass female action star that also genuinely looks like she could pull off those stunts for real.

I think the movie ended in such a way that a sequel or two could arise out of it.  If they look as entertaining as the previews for this one did, then I will see them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment