Thursday, August 19, 2010

Coexist Bumper Stickers

You've all seen them. 



I used to think they were clever, now I think they are just plain stupid.  I get the attraction of them.  Harmony, peace, flowers, etc.  The problem is, it's all bullshit.  At least with respect to the Abrahamic religions expressed in the 'C', 'X', and 'T'.  These three cannot coexist in a peaceful manner.  If they did, then they would have to admit that the beliefs in the others were correct.  This cannot be.  If they are all correct, then they must all be wrong (work with me on that one).  I'm not even sure what the 'E' represents.  LGBT rights?  Equal rights between genders?  Not quite sure.  Let's assume both are correct, then Leviticus is certainly as issue with the 'T' crowd.

Like I said, I get the attraction, but it is short-sighted and amounts to nothing more than wishful thinking and perhaps a lack of understanding on how all of these letters are supposed to get along with each other.

I found this website that explains the meanings.

1 comment: