Sunday, September 4, 2011

Changes are Coming Revisited

A couple of months ago I had a post about how some things were going to change.  I had stated four things that I was planning to do.
  1. Do something on the house projects every day.
  2. Practice my guitar.
  3. Blog.
  4. Get fit.
So, how am I doing?  As far as house projects go, I have not been doing something everyday, but I have accomplished some painting outside and I have done a few minor projects inside.  Not stellar, but not bad either.  As for practicing guitar.  Not so good.  I underestimated the time commitment related to #1 and #4.  Also, I just haven't had the motivation for it in recent months.  It is something I definitely want to work on, but the motivating factor just hasn't hit me yet.  Blogging?  Well, just check the archives for July and August.  I started out OK, but the wheels came off.  I'm trying to put the wheels back on.  The one thing that has picked up recently, unintentionally, is reading.  I am doing more reading that I have in quite some time.  I think that is a good thing.  Now, I just have to find a balance for guitar, reading, and blogging.

As for #4, well, I give myself an A+ here.  I did some research into some fitness programs back in May and June and found something that looked interesting.  I am currently starting week 10 of 13 of P90X.  Now, I'm not giving myself an A+ here because I'm all buff and ripped now.  No, far from it.  But I have lost a non-trivial amount of weight, added some muscle here and there, and I have greatly improved my eating habits.  Basically, I am very happy with the results thus far and I am looking forward to doing it all again.  The individual workout videos are anywhere from 50 to 90 minutes.  While this may seem like a lot, the fact that I don't have to drive to a gym and deal with all that stuff is easily worth 45 minutes alone.  Also, the fact that I am now cooking a lot more is taking up more time than I had anticipated.  The goal was to get fit.  I feel that I have already accomplished that goal, and I haven't even finished the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment