- I have never understood why young couples feel compelled to bring their infant or toddler to Disneyland. They have no clue what is going. They will have no memories whatsoever of the event. One parent is stuck on child care duty while the other one goes on a ride sans child? I just don't get it. At least wait until they are old enough to walk on their own and have some idea of what they are doing there.
- Same as above, except with triplets. Really? WTF were you thinking?
- What's the deal with wearing racer-back tops with regular bras?
- Did you really stop to think that wearing sandals with 5 inch heals is going to work well for walking around Disneyland for 10 to 12 hours?
- The R2-D2 Micky Mouse ears are awesome.
- Riverbelle Terrace = Best breakfast in Disneyland.
- Yeah, those black jeans and black top are going to make you one happy camper at 2 p.m.
- I saw people in line reading books. Amazingly enough, I saw no e-readers. Wouldn't this be the perfect place for that?
- I must look honest, I was given the "line timing" card twice by the ride entry cast member. They give you a red card on a lanyard that they ask you to give to the cast member upon boarding the ride. They use this to help update the "Wait Time" at the ride entry. (Astro Blasters and Big Thunder)
- Decidedly fewer Asian tours this year than in past years. Tokyo Disneyland must have really cut into the guided tour business in Anaheim. Thank the fictional gods.
- Tomorrowland sucks. Yes, Space Mountain is cool. Star Tours is cool. Astro Blaster was more fun than I expected. That's it. Yes, technically the Autopia and the Nemo Submarine ride are in Tomorrowland, but who cares. Moving the rocket jets from the top of the old Skyway station to the front of Tomorrowland was dumb. It's a big roadblock. Traffic flow is a mess. The old Skyway/Rocket Rods ride is an eyesore.
- I really wish Monorails would have caught on more as a public transportation device. I wonder if a raised monorail track would have been more cost efficient than the light rail lines currently in place?
- The name of the Yeti in the Matterhorn is Harold.
- Why do women insist on wearing tube/strapless tops? It seems like they spend half their time pulling them up.
- Same as above except with regular bras. What look are you going for?
- I actually made it a point to try and watch guys as well, but quite frankly, they were boring. Although I did see a number of black socks with sandals.
Sunday, July 3, 2011
I spent the better part of 3 days at Disneyland with my son last week. Just walking through the park or standing in line, you really have no choice but to people watch. Here are a few observations.
Posted by Rubicon at 10:09 PM