Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Fantasy Football Update - Playoff Week 1

Bang!

That is the sound of the gunshot that has mercifully ended my season.  I have Tim Hightower of the Arizona Cardinals and their fearsome rushing attack to thank for it.  With the Cardinals Jay Feely having single footedly crushed the spirit of the Denver Broncos, Hightower decides that meaningless garbage time is when he should channel Barry Sanders and go off for something like 80 yards rushing and 2 touchdowns in the 4th quarter (that is 20 fantasy points).

That's not to say that I have not benefited from garbage time points.  Carson Palmer has been the poster child for garbage time passing yardage this year.  In fact, fantasy owners are doing themselves a disservice by not accounting for potential garbage time scenarios when setting their lineups.  It's just that Tim Hightower has averaged 4 fantasy points per week over the last 10 weeks. 

I pretty much have no chance of defending either of my pick'em league titles either.

Oh, well.

1 comment:

  1. I started Hightower just because they were starting Skelton. I figured lots of handoffs as opposed to passes. So, if it's any comfort, it wasn't just blind luck on my part. :-)

    ReplyDelete