Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I Double Dog Dare You!

I was dared to write a blog post about this.  Dared I tell you.  I have a friend trying to sell their house.  They have not had much luck and through the miracle of Facebook, I get a blow by blow account of their escapes from the house for the last second showings.  Not much luck.

So, she broke down and bought a St. Joseph Home Selling Kit.

I facepalmed (poor grammar not my doing).



In this case, Joseph is the father of Jesus.  I guess he would be the stepfather since he didn't really get any enjoyment out of the whole deal.  Joseph was a carpenter, so what better occupation than that to be the patron saint of home selling.  The idea is to bury the statue in the yard and then offer prayers (prayer card, instructions, and protective burial bag included).  This will presumably sell your home quicker.

One has to wonder why a protective burial bag is included.  You would think through divine intervention that the statue itself would be immune to the effects of its burial.  However, since the intent is to resurrect the statue after the house sells, they figure you want to keep it in pristine condition so it can sit in your garage at the next house until you are ready to sell it.

I wish you the best of luck and I think your house will probably sell.  Not because of the statue, but just because.

No comments:

Post a Comment