- Shortly after the study was published, many other studies were commissioned by various entities to attempt to duplicate the findings. Millions of dollars spent chasing the notion of this link. No one could.
- Vaccination rates dropped quickly in many parts of England and the United States.
- Childhood diseases such as Pertussis, Measles, Mumps, and Rubella, among others, began to increase in frequency. Some children died.
- All secondary authors of the original study withdrew their names from it. There were 11 of them.
- Further investigations into the study itself found that Wakefield and committed various unethical tests on children, including, at one point, paying kids at his own son's birthday party 5 pounds to draw their blood.
- Even further investigations by the British Medical Association resulted in Wakefield's license to practice medicine being revoked.
- The original publisher of the paper, The Lancet, withdrew the article altogther.
- Further investigations have found that Wakefield not only committed ethical violations but ruled that he committed outright fraud in the paper and its conclusions.
- Autism is a spectrum disease that has many contributing factors identified as potential causes, none of which can or would be affected by a vaccination.
Now, are you sitting done, because if you're not you should. Oh, wait. You are at your computer, so you probably are. For the last 12 years, Jenny McCarthy and other anti-vaxxers have been crying from the rooftops that this study shows a link between autism and the MMR vaccine. So, what does Jenny McCarthy say to continue to defend this position? She points out that the study didn't actually say there was a link!
Dr. Andrew Wakefield's study of 12 children with autism actually looked at bowel disease, not vaccines. The study's conclusion stated, "We did not prove an association between measles, mumps and rubella vaccine and the syndrome described [autism]."WTF! Let me repeat. She spends 12 years screaming that this study shows a link between autism and the MMR vaccine, treats this doctor like a god, and defends him to the n-th degree, only to defend him further by saying this study did NOT link autism to the MMR vaccine. Again, WTF!
She is as dumb as the silicon in her breasts.